Family Fun at the Jewish Food Festival in Tucson, AZ
I love this quote that I read in a recent email of happenings in Tucson:
“You don’t have to be Jewish to love the Jewish Food Festival & Family Fun Fair!”
It sounds like another wonderful, affordable, diverse event and something to add to my list of fun things to to in Tucson, AZ. I was immediately interested!
It takes place at Brandi Fenton Memorial Park, located at 3482 River Road in Tucson, AZ. Activities begin at 11 a.m. and go throughout the afternoon until 4 p.m. November 7, 2010
You don't want to be late because right at the start, there will be a weigh-in for the Guinness Book of World Records! Chef Jon Wirtis of Shlomo and Vito's local restaurant will be attempting to make the world's largest Matzo ball, to the tune of five HUNDRED pounds!
The entertainment will have your feet tapping and your hips swishin' as well! Here's the lineup:
- 11:00 am - 11:15 am Matzo Ball Weigh-In
- 11:15 am - 12:00 pm Klerzmerkaba
- 12:10 pm - 12:40 pm Tucson Jewish Youth Choir
- 12:50 pm - 1:20 pm Klezmerkaba
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Tucson Hebrew Academy
- 2:10 pm - 2:40 pm Israeli Dance Group
- (The Dancers of Joy is a performing dance troupe associated with a Tucson JCC Dance Class held since 1999 with traditional circle dances, modern choreography, and modern music)
- 2:50 pm - 3:20 pm Kol Shirah or Chadash Adult Choir
- 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Jimmy and the Jitterbugs
- (A group of musicians with various backgrounds in music with an upbeat sound of Jewish Klezmer music)
My favorite part, set to music of course, is the FOOD - and the lineup of participating Restaurants and providers is mouth watering. Some of my favorite places here in Tucson!
- Amber Restaurant & Gallery
- Bluefin Seafood Bistro
- Cactus Rose Steakhouse
- elle Restaurant
- Einstein Bagels
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
- Jonathan's Cork
- Lotus Garden
- Luna Bella Restaurant
- Maynards Market & Kitchen
- Shlomo & Vito's
- Sullivan's Steak House
My husband, from New York, is ALWAYS talking about knish, so that's on the top of my list of things to sample, and I'll be on the lookout for some, along with pastries - another MUST.
To top it all off, there's plenty of vendors and sights to see as you take in the 3rd Annual Family Fun at the Jewish Food Festival in Tucson, AZ at Brandi Fenton Memorial Park on November 7, 2010. Over 2000 attendees enjoyed the community-wide event the first two years.
Admission is only $4.00 each with free parking. Kids 13 and under are also free! Admission proceeds will help benefit the Tucson Community Food Bank, the Primavera Foundation, and the Congregation Or Chadash. Call 512-8500 if you have questions or would like to volunteer!
If I can assist you in your home buying or selling in Marana, Tucson, Oro Valley, or Vail, please don't hesitate to call me! Email at email@example.com
Cara Marcelle Mancuso, Long Realty, (520)909-2988
Regarding the material posted in my blog postings, these are my personal opinions and not those of Long Realty Company
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.