Glenda Cherry hits the nail on the head with this post. Effective listing photos are key, and no matter how you snap it - watch your "focal" point. The same goes for every room - staging is important, but buyers want to see the room, not just the furniture! Hiring a professional to "picture" your listing may be the best way to serve your client.
Did I get your attention?
It's driving me crazy to see so many photos of toilets in the listings. It seems that some listing agents feel like they have to take a picture of every toilet in the house! I understand that it's difficult to get a shot of a bathroom without including the toilet, but it doesn't have to be the focal point! Everyone knows there's a toilet in there ... otherwise, it wouldn't be a bathroom. Enjoy these photos, then scroll down for some hints on shooting bathrooms:
- If there's no way to avoid including the toilet, at least CLOSE THE LID!!
- Don't center the toilet in your shot ... focus on the vanity, the bathtub, the shower curtain ... anything but the toilet.
- Don't take a picture of your reflection in the mirror ... just don't! Move to another spot, crouch down, clone it out, whatever. There's no excuse for something as silly as this.
- Try to avoid shooting from eye-level - you'll usually get better results shooting from a lower point-of-view (3 to 4 feet above the floor).
- Mirrors can be your friend ... some bathrooms are very small and, even with a wide-angle lens, it's difficult to show a lot of the space. When possible, use the mirror to capture other areas of the room:
Do you have other tips for shooting bathrooms? Share them here!
If I can assist you in your home buying or selling in Marana, Tucson, Oro Valley, or Vail, please don't hesitate to call me! Email at email@example.com
Cara Marcelle Mancuso, Long Realty, (520)909-2988
Regarding the material posted in my blog postings, these are my personal opinions and not those of Long Realty Company
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.