Doug has some great points here that apply to selling your home in Tucson, AZ as well. Smart pricing is KEY to a successful, quick closing. Doug sums it all up in five points Tucson homesellers should take to heart!
If you have questions about pricing your Tucson area home, please contact me for a free, no-hassle CMA.
While this notion may seem counter-intuitive, let's take a look at how a lower starting price may end up MAKING you money at closing...
1) More buyer interest-- It's all about value these days. And that slightly lower price will appeal to a larger range of buyers. And buyers bring their agents to showings. So even if your home is not a good fit for this buyer, the agent may have someone else in mind!
2) A quicker sale means less carrying costs-- Summer is right around the corner. It does not take long for those 300 dollar utility bills to add up. Not to mention the mortgage you pay every 30 days...
3) A lower starting price means fewer painful cuts later on-- We are all human. A person who lists their home for 225k assumes they will get 225k. But what if the home is overpriced? Expect to do one or more reductions until you find "bottom". And all those plans you made for spending the 225k? Out the window!
4) Extended time on market invites low ball offers--Home investors are smart. They understand the emotion involved in selling your home. No offers is similar to no dates in high school. Remember that ugly dude who took the beauty queen to prom? He had nothing to lose by asking her out and understood that for every five rejections there would be one acceptance. I've seen sellers take LOW offers against my advice because they felt there were no other option.
5) Buyers understand your home is a bargain-- During the inspection process buyers can ask for even trivial things to be fixed or replaced. A buyer that pays the high price is more likely to ask for the moon and stars than someone who got a bargain. Why? Because they understand if the deal falls apart another buyer could quickly be found. That gives you leverage during the escrow process!
Selling a home can be a stressful process with tough choices around every corner. My job is to guide you through the process all the way to a happy closing. Ready to put my company to work? Call me today (318) 613-1994.
Bayou Properties Realty
If I can assist you in your home buying or selling in Marana, Tucson, Oro Valley, or Vail, please don't hesitate to call me! Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cara Marcelle Mancuso, Long Realty, (520)909-2988
Regarding the material posted in my blog postings, these are my personal opinions and not those of Long Realty Company
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.