A Stitch in Time Saves Nine" 6 Ways to Save In the Long Run
My mother used to tell me that growing up, and yes, I learned to mend my clothing. If I didn't catch the beginnings of a dropped hem in a dress, pretty soon I'd have to hem the WHOLE dress. So, yes, stitching 10 stitches was definitely preferable to sewing the whole doggone seam.
The same goes for home maintenance. If you are a homeowner, well, you must MAINTAIN the home. As a REALTOR, I run into deferred maintenance all of the time (procrastination in the repair fields) and what might have been a minor twist of a screwdriver, a few squeezes of a caulking gun, or half a can of paint...become big dollar projects that need professional assistance.
1. Change your filters. No LESS than every three months.
2. Caulk. Bathrooms, kitchens, doors, windows, holes in stucco. Caulk. You'll be glad you did. They make it clear, colored, white....
3. LED Lights. They last forever...or at least long enough. Be green, save energy.
4. Carpet cleaning. Fido, Fluffy, the kids, you...all sorts of dirt and debris and more are hiding there. Extend the life of your carpet, and help keep your home smelling fresher, by cleaning your carpets every so often.
5. That running toilet. The dripping faucet...that's money down the drain.
6. Bugs. If you are not, at the very least, spraying yourself, hire a professional service. Monthly, quarterly...a dollar spent now can save hundreds and hundreds down the road. Termites, mice, bees, woodpeckers...they are all nuisances that add up to big bills.
Oh, and a bonus. 7. Paint. Scrape and paint that fascia board, eves, under your patio, trim, etc. Avoid dry rot as long as possible by applying a little paint. Besides, it shows pride of ownership.
Have the house your neighbors envy. A stitch in time saves nine...and $$$$$
If I can assist you in your home buying or selling in Marana, Tucson, Oro Valley, or Vail, please don't hesitate to call me! Email at email@example.com
Cara Marcelle Mancuso, Long Realty,
Regarding the material posted in my blog postings, these are my personal opinions and not those of Long Realty Company.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.